Thank you all for your patience during our busy weekend and the crazy ER trip day! It has been really fun to see your budget remodels — you beat DIY all hollow! A few ladies didn’t post their entries as comments but emailed them, and, though I wrote to ask them to post, they never got around to it. If those of you who emailed want to repost even now, you’re welcome to do so. It’s just fun to see what you’re able to do!
Rather than forcing you to go back and find the posted re-dos in the comments, I’ll put them here so you can see them all in one place. First I’ll share mine:
- Knobs – $4.36 (4 @ $1.09/ea on eBay)
- Cup pulls – $15.42 (6 @ $2.57/ea on eBay)
- Light fixture – $39.99 (on eBay)
- Faucet – $24.99 (on eBay – Someone bought it after I saved the link, though!)
- Frame – $24.95 (on eBay)
- Paint – $27.48 (Behr at Home Depot)
- TOTAL: $137.19
I didn’t include shipping, nor did I expect others to do so. If I added in all my shipping, I’d come right in around the $190 mark, though. Now, here are the other entries…. First, the winner!
Sibyl’s $160.47 remodel:
- framed mirror from Craigslist 25.00 (http://houston.craigslist.org/fuo/1106897243.html)
- New bathroom faucet on Craigslist 15.00 (http://houston.craigslist.org/hsh/1090431280.html)
- New light fixture on Craigslist 3 globes 60.00 (http://houston.craigslist.org/hsh/1105445083.html)
- Knobs (http://www.myknobs.com/hok101pc.html 4 x 2.34= 9.26)
- Cup pulls (http://www.myknobs.com/hok107pc1.html 6 x 3.04 18.24)
- Behr interior paint 1 gallon 32.97 (http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=938917&Ntt=938917&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=118572&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber) – Note: Sibyl forgot to pick bathroom paint, but it would have been even cheaper than what she got, so she still stays in budget!
- My total is $160.47
Congratulations, Sibyl! That was almost $30 under budget — and almost $740 under DIY’s budget! Woo-hoo!!! You’ve won a year’s subscription to Mary Jane’s Farm!
Now for our second-place winner:
Michelle Z’s $176.23 bathroom redo:
- Paint $55.80 ($13.98 per quart times four quarts): http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=132643-4-132643&lpage=none
- Light $44.65 (light fixture plus shipping): http://tinyurl.com/d73sbj
- Hardware $15.78 (these are all from one ebay seller, and shipping is free):
- Cup pulls: http://tinyurl.com/damxu6
- Knobs: http://tinyurl.com/dhmkpg
- Faucet $20 (not exact, but close and I’ll keep looking): http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/1096057021.html
- Frame $40: http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hsh/1107423608.html
- Grand total: $176.23
This was so much fun, I think we’ll have to do it again sometime with another remodel challenge! Maybe a kitchen refresh on the cheap? Thanks so much for participating!